In Spring 2010, I solicited 4 bids from contractors throughout Orange County in order to design, plan and price a total renovation of the exterior of my home in Warwick, New York. I met with each contractor on two occasions to: (a) discuss a vision for the exterior renovation that was attractive, energy efficient, incorporate quality building materials and adhere to my budget; and, (b) listen to a presentation from each of the 4 contractors that focused upon design and cost. I selected Beyond Improvements Home Investments (BIHI) based upon the plan presented by Chris Kehoe. It was obvious to me that Chris invested the time and energy in the Kehoe Kustom LLCproposal that was responsive to my request and needs. The renovation project included the following elements:
1. Replace roof with GAF Architectural Design shingles with 30 year warranty,
2. Install attractive and functional gutter system,
3. Wrap entire house with Styrofoam panels to increase energy efficiency and reduce energy costs,
4. Cover with Certainteed vinyl siding (.046) which was placed on top of the Styrofoam panels,
5. Design and construct a deck with Azek boards and railings which replaced rotted pressure-treated deck,
6. Replace balcony flooring with Azek boards and railings,
7. Install CST pavers on deck landings and on front porch
8. Re-route power lines and remove potentially dangerous situation by running lines under ground.
9. Install exterior lighting on deck and porch.
This work was organized, directed and managed by Chris Kehoe. Chris was on the job everyday and orchestrated a network of suppliers and service providers. The job was completed on time and within budget. Chris provided on-going project progress reports, recommended products for me to review at area suppliers and on the internet, as well as reviewed expenditures throughout the entire process.
In August 2011, I called upon Chris to respond to another home improvement/ renovation project. He assembled a team in order to replace a faulty chimney, replace an aging furnace with an Energy Star boiler and replace rotted framing and mold-ridden drywall. Again, Chris completed the job in a timely manner and within budget. He demonstrated attention to detail in scheduling other workers and work was completed to meet with standards and my expectations.
It is without reservation that I recommend Kehoe Kustom and Chris Kehoe for your home renovation, home improvement or new construction projects. Kehoe Kustom was able to meet my needs and exceed my expectations. Chris Kehoe has the disposition and skills as well as the knowledge to make your project an enjoyable venture.
– Bruce Cohen, Warwick, NY